Pumpkin Field Night
The Pumpkin Field Night will be August 23 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Western Agricultural Research Station, 7721 S. Charleston Pike South in Charleston. Registration will begin at 5:30 and the wagons will leave for the research and demonstration plots promptly at 6:00. The field night offers beginning and experienced growers valuable research updates regarding disease management, insect management, weed control, and new pumpkin and winter squash varieties. Presenters will include Alan Sundermeier, soil health, Jim Jasinski, entomology and curcubit management, Brian Reeb, weed management, and Claudio Vrisman, disease management. Topics that will be discussed at the field day include:
- Cover crop options and benefits
- Demostration plots of various cover crop mixes
- 27 pumpkin and squash hybrids on display
- Drip irrigation study update
- Powdery mildew fungicide trial
- Pest management update (disease and insect)
- Review of herbicides and weed control
Pre-registration is required by Aug. 20. There is a $5 per person fee, payable at the event. To pre-register, go to surveymonkey.com/r/pumpkinreg18 or call 937-462-8016 and leave a message.
For more information, contact Jim Jasinski at email@example.com or 937-462-8016.