Hops Conference, Bus Tour, and Trade Show
Coming in March 2018, The Ohio State University will host the 5th Annual Hops Conference. This year’s conference is geared towards new and advanced growers, and will be packed with more education, hands on sessions, visiting the Piketon Hops Yard, building of your own equipment, and a bus tour that will take us to two hops farms! The weather will be great in March, and we will have more than ever to show our growers. Growers, Brewers, and Vendors: you do not want to miss this conference.
Conference topics include:
- How to Control and Mangae Spider Mites and Insects in your hop yard
- Processing Facilities –Food Safety Regulations
- General hop pest management
- Are you putting on enough chemical? How to calibrate an air blast and boom sprayer
- How to Control Weeds in Hops
- How to Control Diseases in Hops: Disease Diagnosis, Forecasting, Treatments and Control
- How to Properly Process and Store Hops
- What Hops Performing Well in Ohio" – On farm Variety Performance Trials
- When NOT to Start a Hop Farm: Finances, business planning, markets and labor requirements
- How to Build two types of trellis systems-wood pole and galvanized metal pole
- How, When and What Kind of Fertilizer to Apply to Your Hop Yard
- How to Build Your Own Fertilizer Injector
- How to Design, Hook Up and Properly Manage Your Irrigation System
- Hop Harvest Necessities-Knowing when and how to harvest, dry and process properly
Be sure to watch for the opening of registration in January 2018.
Mark your calendars now, you don’t want to miss this!