Farmer and Farmland Owner Income Tax Webinar
Are you a farmer or farmland owner wanting to learn more about the recent income tax law changes and proposals? If so, join us for this webinar on Thursday, December 9, from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Register here for just $35. If you can't attend, you will be sent a link to view the recorded webinar later at your convenience. You have unlimited views of the replay, and it will be available throughout the 2021 tax filing season.
This webinar will focus on issues related to farmer and farmland owner tax returns, COVID-19-related legislation introduced in 2020 and 2021 and federal legislative proposals and possible tax changes that may impact the farm sector.
This two-hour program will be presented in a live webinar format via Zoom by OSU Extension Educators Barry Ward and David Marrison along with Purdue faculty member Dr. Michael Langemeier. Individuals who operate farms, own property, or are involved with renting farmland should participate.
Topics to be discussed during the webinar include (subject to change based on tax law change):
- Tax Planning for Higher Income Years
- Sale of Farm Assets
- Tax Issues related to COVID-related legislation
- Federal Legislative Proposals and Possible Tax Impacts
- Like Kind Exchanges (farm machinery and equipment no longer are eligible for this provision) how this change may affect state income tax, Social Security credits and eventual payments
- New 1099-Misc and 1099-NEC
- Other topics