What does 2017 look like for Western Ohio farmers and agricultural businesses?
Learn what to expect this year during an agricultural outlook meeting February 3 at noon presented by agriculture economists and swine specialist with the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences at The Ohio State University.
The presentation is part of the 2017 Agricultural Policy and Outlook series offered by The Ohio State University Extension, the outreach arm of the college. The meeting is being hosted by the Agriculture and Natural Resources Educators from Auglaize, Darke, Miami, Mecer and Shelby Counties.
The meeting is partially sponsored by Farm Credit Mid America Merchants Bank of Indiana, Minster Bank, Second National Bank, The Andersons and Ohio’s Country Journal and Ohio Ag Net.
The meeting will feature presentations on matters the agricultural community should expect in 2017, including policy changes, key issues and market behavior with respect to farm, food and energy resources, and the environment, said Sam Custer, OSU Extension, Darke County Educator.
“Participants can listen and learn from Ohio State faculty as they discuss the opportunities and challenges for the agricultural sector as well as interpret the impact of recent policy decisions,” Custer said.
Speakers for the outlook meeting are:
- Dale Richer, State Swine Specialist, OSU Extension
- Carl Zulauf, Professor Emeritus, Ohio State University
- Barry Ward, Asst. Professor, OSU Extension, Production Business Management
- David Marrison, Assoc. Professor, OSU Extension
What we’ll cover:
- Ohio Swine Production Update
- Speculation on President Trump’s Policy Agenda
- Examining Land Values, Cash Rents, Input Costs & Potential Crop Profitability in 2017
- What Are Grain Markets Telling Us?
- Farm & Estate Tax Laws – Planning for an Uncertain Future
The meeting will be held at the Romer’s Party Room, 118 East Main Street, Greenville, Ohio.
Registration for the meeting is $20 (includes lunch) by January 27. A registration flyer can be downloaded at http://go.osu.edu/2017darkeagoutlook.